No sugar. No flour. And oh so moist!
The BEST wheat-free banana bread and a fantastic breakfast-on-the-go idea! Includes whole-foods such as organic eggs, bananas, applesauce and almond flour making this the perfect treat or breakfast! And it's guilt-FREE!
Sweetened with bananas and a small amount of unsweetened applesauce.
I grew up with my mom making banana bread quite often. I’ll have to admit, when I made the decision to not add chocolate chips to this recipe, or walnuts like my mom would add, I thought I would regret it thinking it would be dry and chalky and tasteless. Well I was wrong! This is the MOST MOIST banana bread I’ve ever had – hands down!
Made without sugar. Instead, for some sweetness, I used 2 ripe bananas, a 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce and 1 tablespoon of honey.
What you'll need:
- almond flour
- cassava flour (if you don’t have cassava flour you can use 2 cups of almond flour (not almond meal)
- sea salt
- baking soda
- bananas, mashed
- unsweetened applesauce
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- walnuts and/or dark chocolate chips (optional)
Add ins (optional): We all know banana bread tastes amazing with a little chocolate in between. For the banana bread image below, I used the larger Cacao baking chips (that I love). But mini's would be best for even distribution getting a sweet taste in every bite!
The BEST Wheat-free Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond flour (or 1 1/2 c. almond flour & 1/2 c. cassava flour – optional)
- 2-3 bananas (2 very large or 3 small)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Using coconut oil, grease a 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan (recommended no larger than 8×4) thoroughly.
- Pulse together bananas, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, honey, and shortening (or coconut oil) in a food processor. Add in and pulse in almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to thoroughly cool before eating.
Made with or without cocoa powder!