These rich, super moist and chocolatey brownies are amazing.
No wheat flour, NO sugar added which means NO GUILT!
If you’re wondering if you’ll taste the sweet potato, the answer is no.
I made a double batch of the recipe below so I could make different styles and flavors.
For example, I made the Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Brownies here.
I also made sweet potato brownie balls smothered in dark chocolate and rolled in walnuts. (photo below).
I was having so much fun I thought what goes great with chocolate, but SEA SALT, so I sprinkled some sea salt onto my chocolate covered sweet potato brownies and it tastes amazing! (photo below).
But let’s focus on the PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE SMOTHERED sweet potato brownies!
The secret to these deliciously moist brownies are the sweet potatoes. You only need 1 potato for the recipe below unless you are doubling the recipe as I did.
The recipe calls for 1 cup (or 1 medium potato) diced, cooked, drained and used. However, you can substitute the whole sweet potato for a can of puree.
What I did was peel, dice and boil the first sweet potato. My second batch I peeled, diced and microwaved for 4 minutes.
I used pure maple syrup and a little bit of coconut sugar. The coconut sugar is NOT needed, but I like to add a couple tablespoons to my recipes!
Honey works just as well too.
Doubling the Recipe
I wanted to make enough batter to cover a 9×12 pan having the brownies come out on the plump side. The recipe below works fine for a smaller batch using a smaller loaf pan.
If you want a more plump brownie, Instead of doubling the recipe in one shot (that is not always a good idea), I suggest making two batches back to back, putting all the batter into the greased or parchment paper lined baking pan and baking altogether.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Covered Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup cooked, diced sweet potato (see notes)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocunut oil
- peanut butter
Instructions for Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×12 baking pan with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
- Put all the brownie ingredients into a food processor and mix thoroughly. REPEAT if you are doubling the recipe.
- Place all the batter into pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. * All ovens are different so be sure to keep an eye on your brownies so they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly before removing from pan.
Instructions for Topping
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepanon low heat. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Once brownies are thoroughly cooled, spread peanut butter evenly on each brownie. (I like to keep them placed on wax paper)
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on each brownie. Place in fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes until chilled and chocolate is solid.