Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free and GUILT-FREE! (vegan, paleo)
Made with almond flour (and a small amount of cassava flour – optional) this cinnamon cakey treat is super dense and will fill you up for hours. Enjoy a slice for breakfast or an after meal snacky-poo!
Just like the healthy Cinnamon Banana Swirl this treat is gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free and aligns with the paleo and keto diet.
Made with nut flour, creamy almond (or peanut butter) and sweetened with pure maple syrup and a bit of sweetener of choice, this healthy treat is better than any store bought coffee cake and your blood sugar and MOOD will be HAPPY!
What's best about baking without “old school” wheat or regular flour is that 1. No bloat! And that's a biggie. 2. The texture is more dense and HEALTHIER.
I made a mistake by dividing the recipe and baking in two sepa
There are quite a few sweeteners of choice which work well with a healthier treat option. I have been experimenting with Monk Fruit sweetener and I'm giving it an A!
- Zero calories, zero glycemic index, zero sugar, zero aftertaste.
- Organic. All natural. Non-GMO erythritol with Monk Fruit extract.
- No additives. No pesticides. Organic Certified. Kosher Certified. Halal Certified.
Monk Fruit is extracted straight from the fruit, and in its pure form is about 250 – 300 times sweeter than table sugar. But it doesn’t have a single calorie. This zero-carbohydrate sweetener is fantastic for people who can’t consume sugar, such as those with diabetes or obesity. This blend of monk fruit and erythritol is gentle, delicious and as sweet as sugar. It goes great with your coffee, tea, fruit bowl, protein shake, or any of your favorite baked goods!
The Cinnamon Cream Cheese Drizzle
This was a mistake actually but came out with a great taste. I wanted to make the icing a bit thicker.
I used vegan cream cheese, pure maple syrup, monk fruit and cinnamon. It's definitely tasty and provides a nice even drizzle.
Cinnamon Roll with Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nut milk (almond, coconut)
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener (or your choice)
Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe
- 1/2 cup chilled vegan cream cheese of choice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener (or your choice)
- Mix all ingredients well. Grease an 8×8 pan (I use coconut oil). Spread batter evenly in pan and bake at 350 for about 18-23 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't over bake. Once cool add the cinnamon drizzle.