No doubt these easy to make no bake chocolate with strawberry protein balls are the perfect pick-me-up when craving the goods!
Rich in chocolate flavor with a hint of sweet strawberries in every bite makes for a super satisfying, healthy and guilt-free go to snack.
Just like my Easy Chia Seed Pudding (chocolate and vanilla), these No Bake Chocolate with Strawberry Protein Balls recipe is so simple and can be prepared in a jiffy. Once made, I keep them in a container in the freezer. When I get the cravings, I simply grab a few and enjoy.
This recipe can be modified in many ways making it vegan and keto friendly.
One of the main ingredient is a nut butter of choice. While you can use peanut butter, almond or cashew butter, I used Rx Nut Butter and love it. Notes: Rx Nut Butter contains eggs
Here is what you'll need for the No Bake Chocolate with Strawberry Protein Balls
- Nut butter of choice (I used my new favorite Rx Nut Butter, but one can use peanut butter, almond or cashew butter or even a seed butter of choice).
- Gluten-free oats (optional but recommended)
- Protein powder of choice ( I use Levels brand 100% organic whey -chocolate. For Vegan option I recommend and use Vega One)
- Organic frozen strawberries (optional but recommended)
- Sweetener of choice (honey or pure maple syrup recommended)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dark chocolate chips / Cacao chips (optional: Vegan chocolate chips or Keto chocolate chips)
How are these healthy?
Great question! These no bake chocolate with strawberry protein balls are made with whole-food ingredients that are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and packed with a protein punch!
Sweetened with some honey (or maple syrup) and the natural sweetness of strawberries, along with very low sugar chocolate chips (Keto and Vegan chocolate chips can be substituted).
No Bake Chocolate with Strawberry Protein Balls
- 1/2 – 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats optional and amount can vary due to personal preference
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder of choice *if using non chocolate flavor protein powder then add cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries -sliced
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup (use less if desired)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice for dipping
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Roll into bite size balls. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Heat chocolate chips on low heat until melted. Dip each ball into melted chocolate and line on wax paper. Allow chocolate to dry and harden by storing the balls in freezer.Enjoy!
Recommended Weight Loss Programs
* FREE Trial!
Break Bad Habits & Lose Weight for Good with Noom's Psychology Based Program
Recommended Exercise and Wellness Programs
* 2 Week Yoga Ab & Booty Challenge
* Yoga Mindful Movement
* Streaming On-Demand Fat-Burning Fitness Workouts