DENSE and chocolatey with a hint of peppermint! No baking required. No sugar added!
Great for a grab-and-go for you or the kids or a lunchbox treat!
Guilt-free of course!
Made with a plant based protein powder (chocolate preferred) and sweetened with maple syrup and the dark chocolate coating, these bites are loaded with protein and super satisfying when the cravings set in!
- This recipe can be made with or without Peppermint Extract.
- If using a Vanilla Protein Powder, I would recommend adding a bit more cocoa powder to make it more chocolately.
- Made with almond flour so it's wheat-free and gluten-free!
- Added Cacao/Cocoa powder makes this a chocolately treat! (Hershey's cocoa works great too!)
No Bake Chocolate “Peppermint” Protein Bites
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder (chocolate preferred)
- 1/4 cup cocao powder (if using vanilla protein then add a tablespoon more of cocao powder)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut milk (almond or coconut – add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate/cacao chips melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix together all ingredients except the chocolate and coconut oil. Make small balls and place on parchment paper. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.Heat up the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a sauce pan on low. Stir often and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Roll or drizzle melted chocolate until balls are covered. Freeze again for 15 minutes so chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Still got a sweet tooth?
This Healthy CAKE is the PERFECT Guilt-free Treat!