Moist, dense and delish, these are the BEST Chocolate Avocado Muffins on the planet! Yes, you read that right, AVOCADO is in each muffin. I promise your kids will not know 😉
These will easily become a family favorite and are so easy to make.
By making just a few small adjustments to the recipe, you can make these scrumptious treats Keto friendly for sure!
**Some post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Here is what you’ll need to make chocolate avocado muffins:
- A ripe avocado
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour (OPTIONAL) *see notes
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Honey (or a sweetener of choice like Monk fruit)
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea salt
- Dark chocolate chips (or Keto friendly chocolate chips)
The sweetener in the muffins can be honey, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar or, if wanting a Keto muffin, then I would suggest using Monk Fruit.
The dark chocolate chips used are low in sugar, however, if you're following a Keto plan, then you might want to try these keto friendly chocolate chips. *side note… I have not tried these so I do not have an opinion on how they melt or taste 😉
The main flour used in this Chocolate Avocado Muffin recipe is almond flour. This can be used alone OR you can add a bit of coconut OR cassava flour to the recipe.
Information on Baking with Cassava Flour
I tend to add other flours to mix up the variety. But it works well using just almond flour alone.
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour OR (see notes) *1 3/4 almond flour + 1/4 coconut or cassava flour
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey * see notes If Keto then use monk fruit
- 4 tbsp soft coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate chips of choice * see notes for keto chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Get muffin pan ready with cups or grease withcoconut oil
- Using a food processor or mixer, blend together the almond flour,coconut flour (if including), cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, andsalt.
- Mix in the cubed avocado, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, water, andeggs in the bowl and blend well until batter is think and creamy.
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cups of the muffin mold. Topwith mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes depending on your oven, or until a toothpickinserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely. These are best stored in fridge.
If you've tried making these chocolate avocado muffins let me know how they came out!