Simple. Delicious. Quick to Make.
NOTE: This soup is made with coconut milk (full-fat). Chicken is added to this soup, however, it is a hearty dish without meat.
- 1 lb. Chicken, cubed
- 1 bag of spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 container of mushrooms (I used white, sliced)
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 can pumpkin (Libby's Organic)
- 1/2 can whole fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups organic chicken stock (or 1 T. Better Than Bouillon) with 1 1/2 cups water )
- 2 T. coconut oil (for cooking the chicken)
- Seasonings. 1/4 teaspoon. (garlic powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sea salt, pepper)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions, mushrooms and cubed chicken to the pan stirring occasionally until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 Cup of the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, water, and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 10 minutes.
- Stir the coconut cream into the soup.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Let simmer for an additional few minutes.
- In a separate pan, cook the spinach until done to liking. Add to pot of cooked soup.
- It's best to let sit for an additional 15-30 minutes before serving.