**Some post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Need some quick Sunday prep day ideas to make your work week easier?
Gluten-free. Paleo. Sweetened with honey, makes these Breakfast Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Topping a fantastic treat!
These super moist, simple to make (everything in food processor, blend and bake) are gluten-free, grain-free and no added refined sugar.
Made with almond flour and a little coconut flour (can be substituted for gluten-free oat flour).
When I made this recipe, I used a vegan cream cheese with coconut milk. It came out a bit too runny. I didn't include that recipe below, but did include an old recipe I've used using regular block cream cheese, butter and (powdered) monk fruit becoming more like a frosting.
The add-ins and add-ons are endless. Cream cheese topping is optional. These taste great with some cinnamon and pumpkin spice sprinkled on top and a smear of butter (of choice).
You can add dark chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, or simply enjoy them plain.
I usually make a variety for the family. I added cream cheese topping to the plain and walnuts. Left the ones with chocolate chips alone.
Breakfast Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Topping
Breakfast Banana Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 bananas (on the ripe side)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (can use butter of choice)
- 3 tablespoons honey (can use maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch fine sea salt
- dash pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon (optional but recommended)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese (full fat)
- 3/4 stick butter or 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit see notes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if not using monk fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with foil muffin liners
- Add all ingredients to food processor. Blend well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whip the cream cheese and butter until silky smooth. Highly recommended to use a hand held mixer.
- Add in the sweetener and continue to blend until tecture is fluffy.
Want another amazingly moist and tasty Banana Bread recipe?